Sunday, September 1, 2013

Thing #8

The assignment for Thing #8 was to use mash-up tools from Flickr to make fun new images.  I had no idea that these applications were available.  I used the Mosiac Maker using various tags.  For the most part I liked it very much but didn't like the inability to switch out specific pictures.  This is what I "made" when I used the tag "statehouses."



My bike's first visit to mainland US, 2. Inside rotunda, New Jersey state house, 3. Massachusetts State House, 4. Pair of Pegasus, 5. Oregon State Capitol Rotunda, 6. 2011_05_29 Evening walk & cake-55_7_9.jpg, 7. 2011_05_29 Evening walk & cake-69.jpg, 8. 2011_05_29 Evening walk & cake-71.jpg, 9. 2011_05_29 Evening walk & cake-52_3_4.jpg, 10. King & Doty, 11. Snowing Monday in Madison, 12. WI statehouse dome at night, 13. View from Great Dane14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available

I used Spell with Flickr to create this:

Scrabble Blue Letter M s69 letter I Foam Letter N Pastry Cutter Letter G r75 a75 letter M

For the most part I'm fairly open about sharing photos on social media.  Normally I'm just uploading pictures of my dogs, food, a funny sign or the like.  As a foster parent I am not allowed to post pictures of "my" kids.  Once they are officially mine my friends should prepare for a massive photo bomb of two years worth of photos.

For the classroom these tools could be very useful for adding interest to presentations, scrolling pictures on a smart board, and adding interesting content to a teacher's website.        

No comments:

Post a Comment