Sunday, September 29, 2013

Summing it all up

There were so many things that I learned while keeping this blog. The image generators were an entirely new things for me.  I had no idea there was such a thing as 'wikis' outside of Wikipedia. LiveBinder is not for me.  Pinterest (my favorite time waster) has a Teacher Hub.  Animoto exists and it's quick and easy and fun.  I am terrible at making flowcharts and I need to continue working on those skills.  Remember the Milk is a great app.

Learning is should never be static.  I have always been a non-traditional student.  My first attempt at college was a miserable failure and I dropped out.  My return was via a night school program while I worked fulltime.  I added law school as an "older" student at 29.  I worked on my first master's in an accelerated evening program while I worked full-time.  Now I'm working on my second masters again in an accelerated evening program.  My scenic route though education has taught me that I'm never going to be finished learning.  Of course, there have been times that I was ready to throw in the towel but I've stuck it out.  That idea, keep sticking it out, is the most valuable takeaway from my education.

I thought I was more tech-savvy that I really am.  Now that I've been learning about all the things I don't know I am not at all tech-savvy.  Between this blog and what I've learned in the 5540 class my tool chest is much expanded from where I was when the class started.  In order to keep up with tech information I am starting a new board on my Pinterest account to attach links and information I come across.

1 comment: