Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thing 19

I think most of social media rules should be, although they not be, common sense.  Nothing good will come from friending your students on Facebook.  My privacy settings are fairly high and I keep on top of updates to keep them high.

Nothing good will come from having any sort of private chat or text.  It is much too easy to the situation to become uncomfortable for all parties.  I love the idea of Edmodo.  It provides all the good things about Facebook and Twitter while minimizing the downsides.

I am a member of both Tasty Kitchen and Yelp.  I use the recipes from TK pretty often although I don't post many often.  I pay close attention to Yelp reviews and occasionally add my own. I am a regular ready of IMDB since my partner is a huge move fan and I never know what he's talking about.  I am also member of a few personal online groups.  One is for foster and adoptive parents which is a wonderful, wonderful resource.  The second is small group from a BabyCenter birth board that all had the same birth month who ended up losing our babies.  There's about 20 of us that have become incredibly close and talk with each other daily.  The focus is no longer our lost children but our everyday lives.  It was a lifesaver then and a wonderful bonus now.

No comments:

Post a Comment