Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thing 16

I've used Mint in the past and I like it pretty well.  There is always concerns that your personal info can be stolen since you're storing it online but, honestly, anyone trying to skill my credit cards are gong to be hugely disappointed in how little they get I'm not overly worried about it.

I downloaded "Remember the Milk" (RtM) to my phone and I like it a lot.  You can write to-do lists in Notes but they don't transfer from day to day so they aren't as useful as they could be.  RtM allows you transfer from day to day and prioritize so you know what must be done and what should get done.  RtM allows me to modify, have set weekly tasks, plan the week in advance and have the wonderful sense of satisfaction of checking it complete.  Of all the option, I like this one the best.

I use my phone calendar and I would truly be lost with out it.  I'm in the 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' category with most things.  If you haven't set up a calendar I think an online one is great to start but I don't think I'll be switching out from what I currently use.

Lifehacker is a pretty good site too.  There's lots of instructions for just about anything.  I end up there a lot when I'm googling how to do something.

The personalized start-up page was not a big hit with me.  I have Windows 8 which is a similar concept and I try to have as few tiles as possible.  Mostly it's just an aesthetic dislike with me rather than an issue with functionality 

No comments:

Post a Comment