Monday, September 2, 2013

Thing #11

I used Technorti and BlogSearchEngine.org to look for feeds.  Both sites were easy enough to use and fairly self explanatory but I liked BlogSearchEngine.org best.  Technorti brought up plenty of options but they were all general.  The tags were nice but not tagged for what I was looking for.  BlogSearchEngine.org came back with options closer to what I was looking for in blogs.  I found several politics news feed, both conservative and liberal like Reason and Slate, and I also found several teaching blogs that look interesting.  My favorite was a link that led to a Pinterest board titled "Creative Teacher Blogs"  so it's the best of both worlds there.  When I used Google Blog search and typed in "teaching high school government" it was mostly posts ranting about the uselessness of teachers and the evils of teachers' unions or extolling the benefits of unions.  I just closed the tab and went back to the other two options.  On unrelated to class searches I found an recipe site for clean eating that looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment